The Purpose of the Agriculture Commission
- To foster agricultural viability and preservation of agricultural land in Hampton.
- To foster a healthy environment.
- To serve as a conduit between local farmers and non-profit agencies, civic organizations, municipal boards and commissions, elected officials, and non-farm residents.
- To advocate for agriculture before land use and other commissions.
- To act as a resource for agricultural information.
- To chart land use in Hampton to support a balance between agriculture, preservation, and other land uses.
- To increase awareness of agricultural enterprises in the community.
- To promote the value of viable agriculture to the Town in the areas of employment, property taxes, environment and farmland preservation.
- To provide information and guidance on agriculture related issues such as zoning, inland wetland, public works, and other town departments and other boards and commissions and residents as necessary.
- To promote young farmers by supporting local, regional, and state vocational agricultural education, and 4-H programs.
- To recognize and support new farming operations.
- To act as a sounding board and provide review to town departments, boards and commissions concerning the impact of proposed town policies on agricultural activities.
- To identify opportunities to preserve and expand agriculture in Hampton.
- To promote opportunities for residents and local businesses to support agriculture.
- To provide information regarding available financial support related to agricultural viability.