August of 2010 the Board of Selectmen established an ad hoc committee to examine and evaluate trash disposal options for Hampton.
The committee's charge is to:
- Conduct a survey of town residents concerning satisfaction and efficiency of current system and desire to use other options.
- Identify successes and problems with current system.
- Identify options used by other towns for trash disposal.
- Research environmental impact of various options.
- Do cost/benefit analysis of various options.
- Create a detailed report to the Board of Selectmen within one year of committee appointments.