The newly installed grant-funded 120-kilowatt solar system, coupled with the previously installed 9kw system, will provide all the electicity needed for our school, substantially reducing the town's annual electricity costs.
The Hampton Green Energy Committee was established by the Board of Selectmen in January 2010. Its charge is to study and recommend an energy savings/ green energy plan for the Town of Hampton. Since then, the Committee has been instrumental in conducting energy audits for all municipal buildings, followed by significant energy savings at Town Hall, Hampton Elementary School and the Firehouse. Through the Committee's outreach efforts such as an Energy Fair, the Solarize Campaign, and additional informational activities, the community has learned of opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of their homes and businesses.
For an update on specific activities, click HERE.
- Solutions. Here are some specific suggestions to benefit from clean energy sources. For example: Energy Assessments; Heating, Cooling & Hot Water; Lighting, Appliances & Electronics; Rebates; Financing; Renewable Energy Options; and Building, Renovating or Buying a New Home.
- Smart Energy Tips. Detailed tips on how to reduce energy use.
- Forms and Helpful Documents. Find application forms, qualifying equipment lists and other resources you need to participate in energy efficiency and renewable energy programs through Energize Connecticut.
- Find a Professional. Using an online search tool, you can find suggestions for contractors, lenders, lessors, distributors, or retailers that will assist you in finding, financing or installing clean energy products and services.
- Find a lender. Another search tool assists in searching for specific types of financing.
- Choosing Your Supplier. Here you will find a list of electricity suppliers sanctioned by the state's Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA). The site lists each utility's standard service generation rate and your cost per month based on 750kWh/ month for a residential customer. You will also find current offers, average costs, and savings.
*For businesses, municipal governments, and non- profits, Energize Connecticut provides similar information.