Thursday, February 6, 7 pm, Town Hall, lower level –Film Showing “The Biggest Little Farm.”
The Biggest Little Farm chronicles the eight-year quest of John and Molly Chester as they trade city living for 200 acres of barren farmland and a dream to harvest in harmony with nature. Through dogged perseverance and embracing the opportunity provided by nature's conflicts, the Chester’s unlock and uncover a biodiverse design for living that exists far beyond their farm, its seasons, and our wildest imagination.
Thursday, March 5, 7 pm, Town Hall, lower level – Learn how to save money and make your home more comfortable with Energy Efficiency measures with speaker Leticia Colon de Mejias.
Leticia Colon de Mejias is the Founder and CEO of Energy Efficiencies Solutions (EES) a Connecticut based full service Energy Conservation Company. EES offers comprehensive solutions to conserving energy including; home energy assessments, energy usage reports, air sealing, insulation, windows, solar, heating and cooling systems, renewable energy options, energy education, and return on investment coaching for retrofits and energy upgrades.
Thursday, April 2, 7 pm, Town Hall, lower level – Is your house right for solar? Solar presentation with Stephan Hartman
Learn about solar possibilities for your home and how solar works. Stephan Hartman of Ross Solar Group/Con Edison Solutions will discuss how solar works, federal and state solar incentives, and flexible financing options that make solar panels more affordable than ever. You can find out if your home is good for solar at the presentation. Ross worked with Hampton Green Energy Committee on the Hampton Solarize campaign.
Thursday, May 7, Car Show begins at 6, presentation at 7, Town Hall, lower level – Are you sick of fluctuating gasoline prices and costly car maintenance and repairs? Electric cars may be the answer for you. Come meet with various owners to learn all about EVs – Lower fuel costs, less maintenance, fewer repairs. Many models will be on handand a speaker from the New England Electric Auto Association will update on the newest and best electric cars. Car Show begins at 6, presentation at 7.
Thursday, June 4, 27 pm– Film showing– “Paris to Pittsburgh” at Goodwin Forest Under the Pavilion
From coastal cities to America’s heartland, Paris to Pittsburgh celebrates how Americans are demanding and developing real solutions in the face of climate change. And as the weather grows more deadly and destructive, they aren’t waiting on Washington to act.
The newly installed grant-funded 120-kilowatt solar system, coupled with the previously installed 9kw system, will provide all the electicity needed for our school, substantially reducing the town's annual electricity costs.
The Hampton Green Energy Committee was established by the Board of Selectmen in January 2010. Its charge is to study and recommend an energy savings/ green energy plan for the Town of Hampton. Since then, the Committee has been instrumental in conducting energy audits for all municipal buildings, followed by significant energy savings at Town Hall, Hampton Elementary School and the Firehouse. Through the Committee's outreach efforts such as an Energy Fair, the Solarize Campaign, and additional informational activities, the community has learned of opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of their homes and businesses.
For an update on specific activities, click HERE.
- Solutions. Here are some specific suggestions to benefit from clean energy sources. For example: Energy Assessments; Heating, Cooling & Hot Water; Lighting, Appliances & Electronics; Rebates; Financing; Renewable Energy Options; and Building, Renovating or Buying a New Home.
- Smart Energy Tips. Detailed tips on how to reduce energy use.
- Forms and Helpful Documents. Find application forms, qualifying equipment lists and other resources you need to participate in energy efficiency and renewable energy programs through Energize Connecticut.
- Find a Professional. Using an online search tool, you can find suggestions for contractors, lenders, lessors, distributors, or retailers that will assist you in finding, financing or installing clean energy products and services.
- Find a lender. Another search tool assists in searching for specific types of financing.
- Choosing Your Supplier. Here you will find a list of electricity suppliers sanctioned by the state's Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA). The site lists each utility's standard service generation rate and your cost per month based on 750kWh/ month for a residential customer. You will also find current offers, average costs, and savings.
*For businesses, municipal governments, and non- profits, Energize Connecticut provides similar information.