for the Fletcher Memorial Library Website for Updates and Hours.
The Fletcher Memorial Library
serves as Hampton's public library. It was established in 1924 with an endowment from Austin Fletcher and a donation from Charles Chadwick of a 19th century Italianate dwelling on Main Street. The library features rooms with classical moldings, wood floors, additional original features, and a curved staircase that leads to the second floor.
Volunteers welcome friends, neighbors and visitors to the lovely building that has housed the library for almost a hundred years. Even when the library is busy, volunteers strive to give each patron individual attention. The tradition of the local library that serves as a public "living room” for residents of a small town is well-honored here. It is a place where residents might find knowledge, entertainment, and the company of good friends.
There is a handicapped accessible ramp (off the parking lot, at the rear of the building) and restroom on the first floor.
The library depends on its volunteers, and is always looking for more. (then, If you are able to give a few hours, etc.)
Monetary donations to support the library may be sent to:
The Fletcher Memorial Library, PO Box 6, Hampton, CT 06247
Donations of books, DVDs, and audio books are always welcome at the library. No textbooks or manuals please. If not needed for our collection, they will be used in our semi-annual fundraiser. Monetary donations are always welcome to augment our small budget.
The library board meets on the 1st Thursday of each month at 4:00 PM. Meetings are held at the library and are open to the public.