Town of Hampton

Inlands Wetlands and Watercourses Agency

How do I obtain Inland Wetlands information?
Inland Wetlands and Watercourses documents can be obtained through the office of the Town Clerk and at the Town of Hampton website ( These documents include: Regulations, Jurisdiction Review, Application for Permit, Meeting Agendas and Meeting Minutes.
You may also contact the Wetland Enforcement Officer Jay Gigliotti at 860.235.3570
What determines the necessity of submitting an Application for Permit?
Sections 4, 5 & 6 of the Regulations define the types of activities that may require a permit for certain proposed activities. However, the Agency requests that a Jurisdiction Review be completed first to allow for a review of your proposed activity prior to submitting an Application for Permit. If an Application for Permit is required, specific instructions will be provided when contacted by the Wetlands Enforcement Officer.
How do I submit information to the Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency?
All documents and fee payments must be submitted through the Office of the Town Clerk and directed to the attention of the Agency. Because the Agency does not have a designated office at the Town Hall. The Agency has a mail box where all submissions and correspondence are deposited.
How long is the process?
The application process and time frames are defined in the Regulations under Sections 8-12 and Appendix B. After the Jurisdiction Review has been completed the Agency will be in a better position to answer your questions with respect to your proposed activity.
All Regular Meetings begin at 7:30 pm and are held in the Town Hall Community Room
Stanley Crawford


Term End: 07/12/2025
Martin Mlyniec


Term End: 03/31/2027
Heather Bonnekson


Term End: 10/11/2025
Peter Witkowski


Term End: 03/31/2027
Penny Newbury


Term End: 08/07/2026
Morris Burr


Term End: 12/09/2026